Ephemera: Dance Cards

Monday, August 27, 2018
 I love all things ephemera.  As a crafter, I know when I'm working with 'vintage' scraps of paper like this, they won't last the length a 'fresh' piece would, but I just am in love with antiques.  I recently found this little set of dance cards at an antique store in Galveston.
 I have some of these from my great grandmother that are one of my favorite things b/c my great grandfather's name is scrolled across a line or 4.  I just love the idea of the ladies wearing these little cards on their wrist and etching in the names of gentlemen.
 I'm not sure what I'll do with these dance cards....something scrapbook-ish eventually....or maybe just some fun decor under a bell jar.
 But in the meantime....I'm going to let them tell me stories.

No comments