Crockpot BBQ Chicken

Thursday, January 17, 2019
I have not yet entered the world of Instapots.  I think I've hesitated b/c....well, space, I have a tiny house and it's bulging at the seams.  There is also the 'not quite instant' aspect, but the reason I've clung to my crockpot up through this date is b/c I put together the ingredients the evening before, put the crock in the fridge, then pop it in the pot in the morning and hit low.  That way it's just ready to go when I get home.  Perhaps this is something you can do with the instapot, and I figured I'll get there someday, but for now, here's another recipe I really enjoyed via my (increasingly) vintage crockpot.  
Ingredients:  2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, 1 c. bbq sauce, 1/4 c. Italian dressing, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1 T Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 t. salt
Instructions: 
1.  Put chicken in the bottom of your bottom.  
2.  Mix all the other ingredients and pour them over the chicken.  
3.  Cook for 3-4 hours on high.  Shred and let it cook another 10-15 minutes in the sauce.  
4.  Serve on buns (or the original recipe at FamilyFreshMeals recommends serving it over rice or in a wrap).  Regardless, you have some well seasoned chicken!

No comments