St Patrick's Day Bubble Gum Necklace

Tuesday, March 12, 2019
I did a little something like this a few years ago for Valentine's Day and busted it out again for St Patrick's Day.  An edible rainbow necklace to celebrate all things Irish.  
 I love to explore the candy bins at Party City.  You can pick your own colors/candies and they are 10 or 15 pieces per dollars, so you don't have to buy a bunch of packages of one colored gum to make just a few necklaces.  This is not an add, just a tip if you haven't discovered this section.  I use it a lot of parties too when I want to use candy on tables for parties (instead of confetti).
To make a hole to string my gum I used a scrapbook pocker, but in the past I have used push pins and nails to do the trick as well, or a nice sharp skewer will do the trick.  Basically, something sharp, but not too thick or it will crack the gum.
I threaded a needle with some thin ribbon and pushed the ribbon through the holes.  I also tied a knot between each piece.  
 Ready to wear, but more importantly, ready to wear.  I think I'll make some Oreo cookie necklaces to take with me to work on Monday.

No comments