St. Patrick's Day Shamrock

Thursday, March 14, 2019
I have been obsessing over all the pink/brown/orange/cream things going around the net these days.  So, I had an extra Shamrock from a GMT segment and decided to use up some of the 'ends' of yarn I keep in storage for projects just like this.  
Joann's had several different options for shamrocks, some unfinished, and this chalkboard shamrock, but the point is, I just needed the shape.
 I was using six different yarns, and the board is 12 inches tall, so I measured and drew off 2 inch lines using a silver sharpie.
 I glued some yarn around the bottom since it would be hard to wrap it around this area.
 Then I started wrapping.  I added a little glue as I went to keep the yarn in place.
 For the weird edges, I laid piece of yarn down and glued it flat, then wrapped and glued it around the edge.
I started at the top of the next line for each color and worked my way down just to keep things even.  
 In progress.
 Again, as I reached weird edge, I'd start there and wrap and glue, and then cover that up as I continued to wrap.  The bag doesn't look as good as the front.  If I were hanging this on my door, I'd cover the back with one piece of fabric, but this is going flush against a wall, so I didn't worry about that for this project.
Overall, I'm pleased with how it turned out and want to add some bunting etc.

No comments