Yarn Rainbow

Tuesday, May 28, 2019
     I'm headed to GMT Thursday with some summer crafts.  I'll post the video later on facebook, but in the meantime here is one of the projects I'm bringing.  I've seen these little yarn rainbows popping up all over the net, and I decided to try a version using my own technique.  
     I had a bunch of left over yarn from another project I'll post about soon (when I'm finished).  I actually bought these little bolts at a thrift store for cents, and they are all different fun textures.  I bought some thick rope at Michaels (and used a coupon, of course).  I cut each piece a little larger so it made the traditional arch, but I used non-traditional colors because....art.  
     I just wrapped the yarn around the rope, and secured each end by tying it together, and then used a hot glue gun to press the 'bows' together.
I made two little pom poms (I wrapped yarn around my fingers 20 times and tied it in the middle, then snipped in the loops) to act as clouds.  If I made a larger rainbow, I would have done tassels, but I'm going to squeeze this and 2 other crafts into a 4 minute segment, so I'm going mini!

No comments