Donut/Bagel Board

Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Admittedly, I don't have an 'in use' photo for this board, but I decided not to wait to share, but....I will revisit this and add a picture of it in use soon!  I made this bagel board for something coming up, though I hope to be able to use it for lots of somethings (donuts) etc.  I found the board in the unfinished wood section at Hobby Lobby and, with my coupon, it was about 11 dollars.  I also bought 3 dowel rods.  
 I read that most bagels/donuts are 4 inches wide, so I measured the boards so that each hole can fit a donut that is about 4 1/2 inch from the next hole.  Then I had my brother drill holes into the board and cut down the dowel rod to 4 inch pieces.
 I like it because the dowels can be popped in and out.  If I just want to do 12 donuts or bagels, I'm going to put a sign or word across the top where the four dowels currently live.
I also have extra dowels in case I lose any, and my plan is to get some doilies, create a small x in the middle and push them around the dowel so the bagels aren't touching the board directly and getting it greasy.  Not gluing the dowels into the wood will allow easier storage, but I may eventually make these more permanent!
I could cover this with mineral oil if I wanted to make it more food safe, but for now, I think it'll work for it's next purpose!

No comments