DIY Decorated Donuts

Sunday, September 15, 2019
 Here's something I learned this year, you can DIY your own sprinkled donuts.  I saw it via Heidi Swapp a few months back and decided to give it a go.
I just grabbed some regular ol' glazed donuts, a can of icing, sprinkles and decorations.
 I put the icing in the microwave for 30 seconds (more than enough time).  Stirred.
 I dipped my donut in the bowl so the top was covered.  The first donut had those top bubbles, but the rest were smooth.  One can should easily do a dozen donuts.
 I added sprinkles (I found these on Etsy) and some other decorations to create my mermaid donuts (chocolate shells, and fondant mermaid tails-molds from Hobby Lobby).
It doesn't get much easier than this, and you can do this with any flavor of canned icing, or even add food coloring.  The icing was hard enough to hold the sprinkles in place, but soft enough to be donut- delicious!

No comments