Christmas Tree Sign

Saturday, April 04, 2020
     Normally I make these little signs randomly and I send them with my mom to her little antique booth and that's the end of that, but....quarantine.  So, I've now started posting all the random things I'm making on Instagram and now...the blog.  I have all these misc pieces of projects sitting around my house-in my garage, craft room, or (this piece of wood) my backyard. 
      They are things I've held on to thinking I'd do something with them someday.  I guess today is someday.  I wanted this sign to look like an old tree farm sign, so I painted it green, and then sanded it down to make it look 'rough'.  I cut out the word TREE FARM on my Cricut and pressed down the outline (not easy to do on rough wood-the more you sand, the easier that is, but-don't do this if you are a perfectionist).  I used a sponge paint brush and dabbed on some mod podge to keep my paint from spreading too much.  When that was done, I sponged on some white paint.  I then flicked it with white paint on a paint brush so there are speckles to make it look even more imperfect.  
      I added a random wooden tree I had left over from a mobile I made more than 4 years ago, added a wire, random fabric and a rusty bell and ta da.  Another piece of junk finds a new life.  



No comments