"Super" Fun

Tuesday, January 23, 2007
I know a few of you have had a similar experience, but for those of you that haven't...
This evening I met up with a group of gals from work and we went to Super Suppers. The concept is basically, by the end of the evening you have 12 meals (two of 6 different of your choice-there is a pretty extensive menu, and a lot of choices-each serves 3, or you can put six meals together that serve 6 people each). The menu changes each month, and we had so much fun-we all want to go back every month. Even though another gal and I split the meals up (and the cost)-it's hard to imagine-SIX homecooked meals this month? A record-who will be getting the toy the McD drive-thru usually places in my happy meal bag if I eat at home? You bring each meal home and freeze it, all the aluminum pans and ziplock bags, and instructions are provided-it was very organized, and I envied their organizational skills (it's also Weight Watcher approved because of the portion control and provided nutritional info)! They provided some really fabulous snacks and drinks, and they did all the chopping and dicing before we got there, we just traveled from station to station putting it all together with their easy to follow instructions-it was pretty fool proof. Nicole, I think this might be the solution to our domestic delima! I don't know when I'll actually cook my first meal-I'm thinking this weekend, but I've got some pretty fabulous choices to choose from. I know they are a national chain (http://www.supersuppers.com), and they have couples nights, drop-in nights, girl's night etc, or you can pull your own party of friends, church groups etc together. I'll give you the final verdict when I taste the food :O).

4 comments

Msheepers said...

That sounds awesome!

I checked out their website, and there's a location not too far from us. Will have to investigate further...

Christy said...

I would love to hear your take on it, we have already scheduled our next get together (Feb 26th)....I'm looking forward to it, and in the meantime, I've tried out one of the meals, a supreme stuffed pizza bread. My Mom helped me eat it and really loved it. You can also just swing by the stores when they are open and they have pre frozen meals you can buy from them, but if you go a time and make it yourself then you can control the spices etc (though they are pretty conservative). This Sunday I'm planning on trying out the taco soup that I made, which looks interesting, it's been fun to eat different things regardless.

Msheepers said...

I've already sent out an e-mail to some girlfriends to see if any would be intersting in having our own private party.

:)

Christy said...

I can't wait to hear your take on it! I've had two of the 6 meals so far, and was pleased :O). I wish it wasn't so far, I'd come down, or vise versa....but I don't think the meals would make it that far!