The Great Pumpkin Festival

Saturday, October 04, 2008

This Saturday was the perfect day to head down to the Dallas Arboretum for The Great Pumpkin Festival. I've never been before, but I won't be able to say that in future years when I (definitely) head back. Mom, Holly, and I headed out and walked the grounds. The paths winded through red, yellow, orange, and purple fall gardens, and it was lined on both sides with pumpkins of all sizes, and clusters of warty pumpkin family friends. There was a pumpkin patch where you could play in a hay maze, walk through a pumpkin house, drink cider and take pictures among benches, hay, and pumpkin piles crowded with families capturing fall shots. It was a beautiful day, and a peaceful way to start a Saturday.






2 comments

Helen Cox said...

Wow, thank you for sharing these photos and your experience of the festival. It sounds like a great place to go!

Thomas Family said...

I love it, how do you find all these fun fall things to do? I think I was at the arborateum one time for Easter if I remember right