Day Eleven: Pisa

Monday, June 29, 2009


Like you didn't see this coming....

Look close....I'm the dot at the bottom right of this picture, taking the 'traditional' picture that all tourist take when visiting Pisa. (My 'photographer' wasn't ready to work with various depths so you get the long distance shot, and I have to be little. I rarely get to describe myself as 'little' in a picture. In fact....I'm thinking of taking all future pictures from half a football field away...)
We just stopped off at Pisa for a few hours on the road to Switzerland. We got to walk around the square of miracles, take our tourist pictures, and shop the shops that all sit within this city surrounded by fortress walls and towers. It really leans, and there are no wires holding it up any longer, but I think they recently did some foundation work. Can you imagine spending so much effort trying to keep a failed project from falling? I guess it just goes to show-some things really do work for good. I bet we wouldn't have made this particular stop if this particular failed attempt wasn't resting inside this town's square. I'll remember that next time a project bombs....

No comments