Giant Cupcake Cake

Friday, November 06, 2009

Have I mentioned I love cupcakes...even giant ones? This cake is for Kate's first birthday. Her family is celebrating 'their little cupcake's first birthday' tomorrow. She is going to be wearing her little lavender cupcake dress I made for her a few months back, and so....of course she needed a lavender cupcake cake to go with it. Her Mom's going to put a big one candle on the cake. I had to make some baby cupcakes because the guest list kept growing, and I found cupcake holders I loved. I bought the big cupcake pan from Wilton, and it was one of the easiest cakes I've ever made, but I am a little worried about the taste b/c it actually had to bake for a really long time because of the depth of the pan (and it took a double recipe to fill completely), I just hope the edges aren't too crunchy. Lilly didn't think so, she ate the first cake I baked....usually it's Max, and so when I was letting the cake cool before icing....and I heard the clatter of a dog jumping on the counter....I knew this could not be good. The second cake looks about the same....live and learn...or not....this isn't my first 'dog ruined the crafting/cooking experiment.'
Giant Cupcake

A View From Above

Individual Cupcakes

1 comment

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Thanks so much for joining the Celebration Party! That's one giant cupcake! I hope your doggie enjoyed the treat - too funny! This turned out adorable - Thanks for sharing!