Puppy Pack Week Two, and Something New...

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Does this look familiar? This is a pretty regular nightly routine, but if you look closely, you will see my new floors. I'll take better pictures later, things need to still be put back into place, rugs need to be found, and put down, and I need to complete my Christmas decorations. To make a long story short-the plan was to get the supplies the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, and begin the work on Wednesday. On the way home from work Mom heard a company advertising the floors I wanted at the same price I was planning on paying, but these floors included installation for that price! So, I swung by, and sure enough, it was real. They came out on Monday, and Tuesday of the following week and got everything installed. I need to go back along the floorboards with paint b/c I've discovered they were once brown, but the carpet hid the bottom portions, and now that the floors are lower, these have been revealed. There are also a few finishing touches, but all and all, I'm happy, and the dogs make a cute (some people call this annoying, but their opinion doesn't count) clickity clack as they prance around the floor. Regardless, yay for new floors that will require more cleaning, but keeping the dirt up, as opposed to letting it hide in carpet is not a bad thing! The bedrooms are still carpet, and will probably remain carpet, but I'm loving the new floors in the living room, and hallways!

2 comments

Msheepers said...

That's awesome!

Did they also move your furniture out of the room / back in, or did you all have to do that?

Christy said...

Yes, the even did my furniture, and I have some major pieces. I just need them to come back and do a few more things, and I've been playing phone tag, so if that continues my tune may change, but so far....it's a good thing!