Monkey Diaper Cake #2

Sunday, January 10, 2010
I made this 'cake' months ago, and it's a long story, but because of that long story, it's been sitting on a shelf in my closet. There is NOT room to store completed diaper cakes in my closet, so....I've been on the hunt to get rid of it since it didn't serve it's purpose. I've attended several showers, but it just wasn't the 'right cake' for those showers. Thank goodness, someone at work asked me about how to make them because she is hosting a shower this next weekend. I told her I'd be happy to show her to make them (they are sooooo easy), but PLEASE take this off my hands! I got a taker, and now....I've got a little more room in my closet for 'more' crafts....ha, double purpose! I made one awhile back that looks almost exactly like this, but this guys a little bigger, I think I added a few things like a first aid kit to this one, and a few more cups. I do love the diaper cake, but I do NOT love storing them for unknown amounts of time.
Front of Cake

Back of Cake

2 comments

Charles and Heidi said...

So Adorable!! What a blessing for your friend to receive it!!!

Msheepers said...

I would love to know how to make something like that! (It doesn't look too difficult...)

I just wish that I was invited to more baby showers (more than 1 every two years) where I could give one as a gift.