Cheese Wafers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A gal at work (Karen) brought these to a shower recently, and they reminded me of these wafers I used to get at the Magic Time Machine. I've been looking for wafers like those for years to have in my daily life. I've bought many boxes that LOOKED similar, but it's never the same. These come pretty close, though the cayenne gives them a bit more of a kick...it's kind of nice! I like to eat them with salads (in place of croutons), or on soup (maybe Tomato?...if you like that sort of thing...I don't). I also like to eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and midnight snacks. Karen shared her recipe with me, and now...I'm documenting it here in this little 'living recipe box' I'm creating. I can't tell you how many times I open up my blog at the grocery store if I can't remember some ingredient I need for a meal. I love my iphone (it needed to be said...this week).
Ingredients
1 cup Margarine, softened
2 cups Flour
8 ounces, weight Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 teaspoon Cayenne
½ teaspoons Salt
½ teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
Instructions
Cut softened margarine into the flour. Add grated cheese and seasonings. Fold in the cereal. (The dough will be very flaky at this point.) Use your hands to press dough into small balls (about 1 inch) and place on a cookie sheet. Flatten balls with a fork dipped in flour (or the palm of your hand). You should be able to get 4-5 dozen crackers out of the mix, depending on the size of your crackers. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

2 comments

Charles and Heidi said...

I'm making these soon!!!

Unknown said...

I have been looking for a recipe for these as well. We used to get them at the Time Machine and love them! My Mother in law gave me the recipe years ago but left out something because I could never get them to work. Thank you!