What 11 O'Clock Looks Like at My House

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

How do you acquire patience? I need to get some, NOW! (Irony, what a beautiful gift.)
At night, after a long day, or a series of meetings, greetings, phone calls, visits, work projects, television shows, or random outings....I usually unwind with something crafty. It just puts me at rest, it's my 'outlet.' Most projects begin about 11....because that's when I'm ready to unwind. I had decided I wanted to make a series of things for the kids to stay entertained with while attending the baby shower in a few weeks. The pony rental is off the list, but I decided to try out a horse shaped crayon, and the plan is to cover the table with some brown paper (used for packing?) I have a roll from previous showers, it comes in handy. I melted my crayon scraps, which takes about 10 minutes, and then let them cool about 15 minutes before I started 'cutting.' The first try, I created my own foil boat, not as easy as my second try with an old cinnamon roll pan.

Melted...and cooled, and then cut.

I usually pull them out of the pan at this point so the excess pieces don't stick.
The cookie cutter said 'horse,' but...I think it looks more like a donkey...whatever-it's still country in my book. ;o)

7 comments

Charles and Heidi said...

V E R Y C U T E !!! I did not know you could cut them with cookie cutters after they had melted!!

Ella said...

me neither! great idea!!

Unknown said...

such a great idea! Thanks for linking up this week!

Tristen@blissfulchaos said...

Very creative idea. I follow you through the link party. Hope to see you at Blissful Chaos!

Katie Lewis said...

I love these! Thanks so much for sharing!

Mandy England said...

This is SO cool! Can you still use them as crayons afterward?

Mandy England said...

This is SO cool! Can you still use them as crayons afterward?