Finally Finished: Scrapbook for my June 2008 Road Trip

Friday, April 02, 2010
I always get really excited about scrapbooking a trip. I go and I purchase waaaaaay too many stickers, because I might get snowed in...in July, and then I wouldn't be able to go to the craft store. I then proceed to not use those stickers, and buy more at the scrapbook store when I begin the book. About three pages into the project I start getting bored. The problem is there are usually at least 40 more pages to do after that (a CONSERVATIVE estimate). I take a lot of pictures. So I keep going, even when I'm so 'over it' because I'm a finisher. Notice I didn't say I did a good job, just that it will get finished. By the end of the album the pictures are lucky if they are glued to a page, just FORGET about the title or anything fancy. Anyway, I'm waaaay behind in albums, years behind, and I didn't even start scrapbooking until I was an adult....scratch that...I'm still not sure I'm an adult....I didn't start until about 8 or so years ago. I travel too much. I take too many pictures. I have too many hobbies outside scrapbooking. I imagine I'll always be a scrapbooker despite the fact that it's just one of my hobbies. There are all these fabulous techniques now that make my head hurt. I have friends that do the most amazing things with a pair of scissors, buttons, and an ink pad. Me, I stick to stickers. I enjoy the social aspect, and I enjoy pulling out old albums...all both of my old albums ;o). SOOOO...all that to say, a year after starting this album from a trip I took almost three summers ago (I blogged all about it in June 2008)...I finished. Here are a few of the pages. There are a TON, so just sampling from each location.
-Pink-almost always the color on the first page of my albums...along with buttons, glitter, and flowers.

-This next one is a ton of pictures 'from the road.' I made them all fit on one page b/c after a week and a half of road travel....I had to be selective, and keep it to a page. The 'Road Trip' part could be an album unto itself. I also snuck some purple rhinestones on this page. I usually do stuff like this when I'm scrapbooking with Amber b/c it's drives her a little crazy. She (rightfully) thinks less is more. I think less is a bore!

-Something old...something new. I have been making little pockets to slip my brochures inside for years. I love being able to pull them out, not that I do that, but I love that I could. Something new-the 6 pictures to a page. I used to never put more than 4 on a page, but now I find, for the sake of space, some pages just need to be about a picture....go figure!

-I love...love...love my Cricut. I love cutting out titles. The rest of the page is a Hodge Podge Page. A random scatter of buttons, flowers, and paper I'm using up because it's what I felt like doing at the moment, and that pretty much is the theme to my scrapbooking. What I want to do when I feel like doing it.

-I saw these 'large pocket' ideas at this scrapbooking store in Whitesboro, Texas. I was so excited b/c I always collect things like the National Park newspaper, and brochures, and so this fit both items. Yay for clever people who share with me!

-On this next page is another something I've started doing for the sake of space....tiny books amidst the big book. I made a heading for my Hollywood page, but I've visited Hollywood four times now....so I put most of the pictures inside the little book. ( Ha, on the other page is Laura. We got together when I went to CA and she was climbing the Barnes and Noble shelf to see Oscar De La Hoya who was randomly signing books at the same place we had met up for dinner.)

-I had to include a picture of the Starlight Express we took up the coast to Seattle. You can see via the wrap around windows how great the view was...

-I have a ton of Seattle pages, but....I wanted to share the Needle page....one of my favorite stops in Seattle!

BWS tips button

16 comments

Unknown said...

I always think it's great when people can put their pictures into albums like that- mine are all in stainless steel boxes ;-) Happy Friday Follow- stop by my place when you can!

Jan said...

Happy Friday! You have a very interesting blog, and I am now a follower.

Janet Ruth
Along the Way

Brandy said...

Following from Follow me Fridays! Cute scrapbook and I want to try some of the recipes you have on here.

http://spottedsmiles.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

I came over from Follow Me Friday, and I'm following now. I love your humor and all the pictures!
http://heidi-strawser.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Good for you for getting those photos in your album! Here from Follow Friday

Debbie said...

Found you on friday follow. Great site, and I am your newest follower.
Hop on over and say hello!

www.lifeofamodernmom.com

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Hello from Friday Follow. I'm your newest follower! Hope you'll stop by and visit me!

CC said...

I've really enjoyed looking through your blog and I've become a follower. Hope you come for a visit and like my blog as well. Happy Friday Follow..have a great weekend and a lovely Easter..

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Hi there! Friday following!

~SHANNON~ said...

I'm your newest follower, I found you through Friday follow!

Will you will come check my blog out as well?

Have a great weekend!
Shannon

http://milkandcuddles.com/

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..I'm From Friday Follow...I'm new to this but have found such wonderful people doing these parties & link ups. I wish the rest of the world could be as uplifting & supportive to each other as I have experienced.. I hope you can pop over to my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com & find some inspiration for your home/life..I hope you will become a follower too! Happy Easter!! Barb
P.S. Hope to have my own link party April 12th “My Creative Space Monday” @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
…..Hope you will join up, too.

Kel said...

Great looking pages! Stopping by for Friday Follow. Have a great weekend!

Kel
http://betweenthelines-kam.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Im here from New Friend Friday and you have just inspired me to finally get in those dozens of boxes of pictures and do something with them..Great Blog..I am now a follower!

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

Great job - love the little stories on how and why you made each page the way you did. I can totally relate with everything you said - I totally take too many pictures and wish I could scrap them all. Thanks for linking up!

Elaine said...

Hi, I'm now following you from Follow Me Friday. Drop by and see me @ At Home 'n About......I'm a Scrapbooker too. In fact I just today posted on Scrappy Saturday where I saw you there too. I enjoyed reading your post today and our scrapbooking philosophy seems to be somewhat the same.....it's about the photos! :) I looked around your lovely blog for a couple of minutes and the sopapilla cheesecake recipe caught my eye! Going back for a second look.

Elaine :)

Katie said...

Congrats on finishing your road trip book! Your first paragraph could've been written by me, I totally over buy stickers too☺ Plus it was very fun for me because I lived in Santa Fe for two years and took a trip to the Grand Canyon. So it was fun to see familiar scenes captured in your pictures. Thanks for sharing.