Resurrection Bread

Friday, April 02, 2010
I've seen this idea for the last few years all over internet. I have no kids, but I decided this year that I wanted to try it out minus a live audience. I wanted to document it for 'someday,' and share it...it's so easy, delicious, and such a wonderful visual...I'm a visual learner. I searched various recipes, and this is a combination of my favorites for this activity.
Ingredients:
1 can of crescent rolls
8 large marshmallows
3 T butter
2 T Sugar
1 T Cinnamon
Instructions:
Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
Mix Sugar and Cinnamon in a bowl.
Melt butter in second bowl.
Roll marshmallows in melted butter.
Coat marshmallows with the sugar/cinnamon mix by rolling them around.
Place a marshmallow in the center of a crescent roll triangle, and wrap carefully, try to completely seal the marshmallow so it does not seap out as it heats (I've yet to do this successfully, but that's OK).

Bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown.
Cool, and then break open. The center is now 'empty!'

*This is a visual for how they wrapped Jesus' body in shrouds (wrap the marshmallow with the crescent rolls), and placed Jesus' body in the tomb. When the women came on Easter Sunday to take care of His body, the shroud remained, but the tomb was empty (as the roll now is)! John 20 6:7
Happy Good Friday! I'm so glad the grave was empty three days later!

6 comments

Lori said...

I saw this on another blog, resurrection cookies, made with meringue. There was a bible verse for each stage of the cooking. You tape the oven closed with the kids (sealing the tomb) and then the next morning... you know how the story goes. I guess maybe google the cookie version.

Laurie in SC said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe! I'm a new follower from Trendy Treehouse Follow Me Fridays. Come follow me at sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com
Happy Easter!

Lady J said...

Found you from T.Treehouse. Love this idea and it made me wish I was teaching SuUnday School this Easter. I will make it for my boys and they will think I'm the best!
Thanks for sharing!

www.ladyjcreations.blogspot.com

Ella said...

love this idea!! please remind me of it next year, so we can do it!!!

Cassandra {Sleeping or Sewing} said...

Mmmm! That looks soo good. I'm gonna try that out. Thanks for the post.

Stephanie said...

Found you from pinterest. We made these for our students at PDO, and they were a huge hit. Thanks for the great idea!