...as I travel down that Bluebonnet Highway...

Thursday, May 13, 2010
My favorite thing about Texas (today)? Bluebonnets in the spring.

How about a little musical accompaniment to this post?

This is, perhaps, one of the best Texas Country songs ever. It's an oldie-Doug Supernaw-Red and Rio Grande
You can see bluebonnets along most roads in Texas this time of year, but if you want to be swept away, head south down 35 or 45 from Dallas. They cover the roads for hours along the highways, byways, backways, backyards, trucklots. They are there waiting on the roadsides. They are everywhere, mixed in with their pink, yellow, orange, and red wildflower sisters. Ennis holds a festival every year, and you can check out their city site weekly for the latest blooms, and the best place to stop for pictures (NOT necessarily along the interstate for families who want to get in a little more peaceful, and safe picture taking). This year, due to schedules, and hiccups....I just had to stop on a misc. highway and take a few pictures. It's not hard to find them in the city, or outside the city, it was a matter of timing the pictures with a time when I actually had my camera with me. I heart bluebonnets, even in smaller patches like these.


5 comments

Lori said...

Some of my best pictures of my girls and Cotton the dog are in the bluebonnets.

KellyB said...

Heading to Waco today for graduation and would love to get some pics with the bluebonnets. This is probably my most favorite time to travel through TX.

Denise Marie said...

glad you got to see some gorgeous bluebonnets.

TheNormanFive said...

Bluebonnets: I just love them. I live in West Texas, and we don't have them. Just made a trip up to San Antonio and was able to see them. So pretty!!

Anonymous said...

I swear, Bluebonnets make me misty eyed. If they don't have them in Heaven, I'm stayin' in Texas ;)

Thanks for the eye candy!