Fried Ice Cream

Friday, May 28, 2010

I stay up late at night wondering how I can throw more calories into my desserts. It's the one area of life I never fail....ever. ;o) I didn't come up with fried ice cream, but I think I managed to add a few calories. This is good....too good. Don't try it if you want to wear a swimsuit or something this summer, but if you are cool with hiding inside under sweaters, I recommend it.
INGREDIENTS
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
2 egg whites
4 c. cinnamon toast crunch
cooking oil
hershey's syrup
whipped cream
cherries
flour tortilla
spray butter
cinnamon/sugar
DIRECTIONS
1. Scoop ice cream into 1 c. size balls. Place on wax paper and freeze for 1 hour.
2. Crush cinnamon toast crunch, and place them in a ball.
3. Whip egg whites in a bowl until foam. Roll ice cream balls in egg white mix, and then roll in cinnamon toast crunch until coated. Place on wax paper and free for 3+ hours.
4. Heat oil, roll ice cream balls in oil for a few seconds just to get the outside crunchy.
5. Place flour tortillas over the back of a muffin tin,

spray with butter, and cinnamon sugar mix, and bake at 350 for about 8 minutes (until just browning).

6. Serve ice cream in bowl, top with toppings, and enjoy. And then run, don't walk to the gym.
Linking To:
It's a Blog Party

5 comments

Shonda said...

Yum! I'm a new follower. Come see me at www.milknhoneylearnandgrow.blogspot.com.

Lexi said...

That looks fantastic!

Kelli W said...

That sounds so yummy! I do want to wear a bathing suit at some point this summer, so I think I will save this for fall!

Its A Blog Party said...

Looks great and sounds yummy!
Thanks for linking up!
~Liz

marissa with hadley lane said...

This looks so yummy! I found you on fun to craft's blog. Looking forward to reading more of your recipes :)