Fairy Puffs

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'll be revisiting these soon, and adding a little more pizazz now that I've perfected my technique, but I could not cross go, I could not collect 200 dollars until I shared this little idea for at the cheeky kitchen for mini-cotton candy on-a-stick I just stumbled upon. There is so much potential for the name alone- fairy puffs, fairy wands, mini-cotton candy, cute-pink-goodness. I don't know, but I pink, bubble letter LOVE these little gals. They are also really....really....really easy to make.
1. You need sticks (not a problem for me), white chocolate, large marshmallows, wax paper and cotton candy. I bought this bucket at Walmart, they also sell it at Sam's, and I've seen little bags of cotton candy at Target in the Dollar Spot, and the Dollar Store.

2. Slide your marshmallow on a stick. Melt your chocolate (I just melt mine in the microwave for about 30 seconds). Dip your marshmallow in your chocolate (I like to spoon it over so I make sure I get the top and bottom well coated). Pull a 'strand of cotton candy off and wrapped it around your (still warm) chocolate-covered marshmallow. Place it on wax paper to dry.

3. Ta Da!


I wish I knew about this idea when I threw the circus baby shower a few years back. It's all right, I've got a plan for packaging these up really cute, and a 'theme' event in mind for distributing them to friends. This is not the end of the pink puffs and I....no sir-eeee, Bob. You'll be seeing more of us in the near future.
Linking To:
Between Naps on the Porch
Today's Creative Blog
Tip Junkie
Fun to Craft
Simply Sweet Home
Under the Table and Dreaming
I Am Along for the Ride
Sundae Scoop
Tatortots and Jello
Keeping It Simple
The Girl Creative
C.R.A.F.T
Trendy Treehouse

25 comments

Unknown said...

Cute favors with a yummier SURPRISE inside. Chocolate...and marshmallow.

Perfection in sugar confection! (I stole that from the lyrics to "Toot Sweet" in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

:) Laura

Tam :o) said...

LOVE IT TOO! Thanks for sharing....I will have to find and event now to make these! You rock!

Charles and Heidi said...

so clever!! and very yummy looking!!

Anonymous said...

Cute and yummy!

Erin said...

These are so cute! My daughter would love them! Love all the pink!

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

Kansas Amy said...

Cotton candy.. yummy!

Clorissa said...

ADORABLE! I love these. So very, very sweet in more ways than one! These will be making an appearance at my soon to be 4 year old's birthday party.

Thanks for sharing how to make them!

Clorissa

Jenni said...

Those are darling! Perfect for a little girl's birthday party! Thanks for sharing. I'm visiting from One Pretty Thing.

Elizabeth Santamaria said...

Love it!!!
I just featured it in my blog!!!
www.stixnpops.com
thanks for the idea!

greenbean said...

these are great!...i always make some kind of marshmallow treats for my co workers...and i'm so going to try these!...

Tiffanee said...

Darling!! My girls would love these. I loved the presentation!! So cool!!

W-S Wanderings said...

These sweet treats would be a huge hit at a school bake sale, I'm sure!

Unknown said...

super cute and totally would work for Horton Hears a Who Dr. Suess Party! LOVE IT! thanks, Jenn

Amanda said...

Those are so dang cute! Great idea!

BAILEY said...

I am so excited to have found these!!! I am doing a circus party next month and this will be GREAT!

thanks,
bailey

Unknown said...

These are SOOO cute! I happen to be looking at this with my step daughter who's turning six next week. Guess what she wants at her party??!!

Unknown said...

Whoa, that is awesome. Perfect for a fairy/princess party!! I'm having a "Seal" party for my munchkin (at her request) in a month....and I am desperately trying to think of a way I could fit these in somehow. Seals use fairy wands....right? ;-)

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Super cute idea! They would have been perfect for my little guys carnival party. I'm going to have to file this away as we may revisit that theme again! Thanks so much for joining The Sunday Showcase - I greatly apprecite it! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Jacqueline said...

So nice to meet you! These are absolutely adorable and I am sure we could handle this. I know all my little ones would love this and wouldn't they be appreciated even at an adult party. I was so surprised when I saw that it had a marshmallow in the center. Super cool.

MJ said...

Ooooh hungry now.... Found you via TGC and these look soo yummy!

Unknown said...

so cute! come on over and link up to MMM :)

annies home said...

these are great so easy and cute I am going to make them for my princess on her second birthday thanks

Beanz Thingz said...

super cute...great for the Feb fairy party I plan on throwing! http://jillybeanzthingz.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. Those are ADORABLE!!!
Im considering doing a Prety In Pink Prom party for my 32nd bday this year. I may have to make these!

mrsbettierocker.blogspot.com

Ashlee Marie said...

Cute idea for a birthday party food bar! I'd love it if you'd join my tuesday link party (tomorrow)! http://imtopsyturvy.com