Back to School: Post-It Note Holder

Saturday, August 21, 2010

This is my 6th of 6 back-to-school projects....and this is also the easiest of all six. There is a not-so-secret, secret among the teaching community that teacher's love teaching supplies. It's almost as exciting as shoe shopping, minus the whole 'The summer is over' aspect that comes with the need to shop for school supplies. I happen to own a post-it note pop-up holder...or...umm....two, but I saw this idea at a scrapbook store, and I had to try it out.
At the store they used some chipboard, but I have a little stash of free 'chipboard' I like to pull from for things like this.
Here are the supplies:

Gluestick, coaster from a restaurant, ribbon, scraps of scrapbook paper, scissors, hole punch, and rhinestones (not necessary unless you are me), ink pad, five minutes to complete this, which includes the time it took me to put the supplies away!
Steps:
1. I inked the side of the coaster. I could have used a marker, or paint to also do this, or just left it as is, I doubt too many people are going to inspect the thin edges.
2. I glued a solid color on the back, and a pattern on the front. I have a ton of scrap paper with lots of fun colors I'll have to try out. I literally grabbed the scrap on top of my stash of scraps. I cut around the edges.

3. Punch two holes...

...thread the ribbon, tie. I then stuck on a little line of rhinestones b/c I need bling in my life.
4. I pulled the back off the post-it, and stuck it down to the little chipboard. It stays in place great.

I might add a strong magnet, or even tack it up to the board by my desk....or place it in my scientific dust experiment that is ongoing in a corner of my house.
I made one more with scraps, I'm sure I'm not finished yet...
Linking To:

10 comments

Lori said...

Wow, does your mind ever sleep. This is super! Now get some rest for the kids coming on Monday. Melissa on our hallway! Thanks for any help you provided with the move.

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Way Cute!

DanaElayne said...

Oh my gosh, these are super cute! Ummmm....I am totally stealing this idea!

Cate said...

this is cute! i will be linking to you for a Week in Review.

-Cate from Random Crafty Georgia Girl

Katie said...

Great idea, I have a bunch of coasters that I um..."borrowed" from a place we like to eat. I could whip up a bunch of these!

Amber D said...

Very cool!

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

Clever to use a restaurant coaster. Love the colors especially with the green post its.
Thanks so much for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays. Featuring this tomorrow on my Friday Favorites!

Anonymous said...

Very cute and creative!

terelauritsen.blogspot.com

Sandy Ang said...

What a fun way to recycle a coaster!

Jules said...

fun!!!