I've seen lots of poppy flowers popping up around blogland, and I love them. I decided to combine those ideas with this concept of burlap and misc fabrics (of which I have TONS of from past projects/quilts/aprons/first birthday dresses etc). I saw a gorgeous calla lily wreath via Under the Table and Dreamings linky, on this website. And so....I went to work...
Here are the poppies....ready to be sewed, arranged, and glued.
I sewed the pieces together, and then superglued them to the wreath. I had some bare spots, so I added some green fabric, and burlap leaves, and raffia....my drug of choice. This is not her permanant home, but it gets her out of the way of my next project until I decide how and where she will live. The point of this is....I had everything except for the wreath to complete this project which is good/slightly disturbing....mostly b/c I could make about 67 more of these and still have more fabric scraps than is probably allowed via the city's fire code. Don't report me OK....well...unless you can guarantee the fireman that comes to check the status of the fire code violation in my house is single, kind, and really into slightly eccentric gals....if you can guarantee that....my address is....
Me and My Bucket
I Heart Naptime
Scent-sational Valentine’s Day Teacher Gift
2 weeks ago