Poppy Wreath

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

I've seen lots of poppy flowers popping up around blogland, and I love them. I decided to combine those ideas with this concept of burlap and misc fabrics (of which I have TONS of from past projects/quilts/aprons/first birthday dresses etc). I saw a gorgeous calla lily wreath via Under the Table and Dreamings linky, on this website. And so....I went to work...
Here are the poppies....ready to be sewed, arranged, and glued.

I sewed the pieces together, and then superglued them to the wreath. I had some bare spots, so I added some green fabric, and burlap leaves, and raffia....my drug of choice. This is not her permanant home, but it gets her out of the way of my next project until I decide how and where she will live. The point of this is....I had everything except for the wreath to complete this project which is good/slightly disturbing....mostly b/c I could make about 67 more of these and still have more fabric scraps than is probably allowed via the city's fire code. Don't report me OK....well...unless you can guarantee the fireman that comes to check the status of the fire code violation in my house is single, kind, and really into slightly eccentric gals....if you can guarantee that....my address is....
Featured On:
Singing With Birds

Linking To: 
Me and My Bucket
Funky Junk
I Heart Naptime

15 comments

Jen said...

Neat idea!
Great way to use all the leftover fabric you have!
& about the candleholder I did not make it...It was a x-mas present a couple years back & I just spray painted it white!

Unknown said...

Oh wow! That is so pretty! I have some leftover burlap too.

smashbravo said...

Hi New followers from Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop. That came out really pretty. So much creativity! Had you handed me the stuff you used to make it I would have had NO clue what to do with it.

Have a great day.

;)

http://sammymakessix.blogspot.com/

smashbravo said...

Hi New followers from Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop. That came out really pretty. So much creativity! Had you handed me the stuff you used to make it I would have had NO clue what to do with it.

Have a great day.

;)

http://sammymakessix.blogspot.com/

Alisha K said...

I am your newest follower from WW. You can follow me back at http://megankayden.blogspot.com/

kisatrtle said...

very clever. I like how it turned out.

Newest follower

furygirl3132 said...

That is really neat and colorful, what a great job!
I am a new follower from Welcome Wednesday, so glad to have found your blog and I look forward to reading more. Hope you have a wonderful evening!

Eloise
Mommy2TwoGirls
http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I think I want her to live with me! :)

L Simonson said...

Cute wreath! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am now following yours.

www.paisleypassions.blogspot.com

KasiaJ said...

I also love the wreath you referenced, and I love your take on it. It's so springy and friendly!

Renée said...

Hi Christy,

Congratulations, your poppy wreath made this week's Top 5 Hits at Singing With Birds. Come check it out, grab a button, and have a great weekend. Thanks for such a fun post...I do know some hunky firemen!

Kelsey said...

Following you back via WW, what an FABULOUS idea!! I am totally going to do this. Or, you should make one and give it away on your blog!
Kelsey

Unknown said...

New follower here. This is sooo cute!! I'm just now starting to brainstorm for Halloween and Christmas themed door wreaths. I think this would be a great themed wreath!

Found you through Funky Junk Interiors link party.

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Very cute and clever, and it looks great.

Donene said...

What a great idea to use up your scraps, it turned out adorable!