The Apple: Apple-Cinnamon Muffins

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

I've thought about these muffins since I had them a year and a half ago. A friend at work shared the recipe, after she brought me a batch as a Christmas gift. Oh...my....you are going to want to be my best friend if you try these out. You're too late though b/c I already asked said friend to be my best friend after she shared the recipe, and I'm pretty devoted. ;o) Not really, she moved, we haven't kept in touch regularly b/c she married, and happy...and I'm going to pretend she doesn't have internet access where she lives and that's why she doesn't write, so...good news, I can be your best friend...and while you are pondering that threat/promise...here is a recipe to one of the best muffins on the face of planet earth....even the batter is good...I ate at least a muffins worth I pretended was 'left' in the bowl and I could scrape out.
Apple-Cinnamon Muffins

Ingredients:
Muffin-1 1/2 c. flour, 1 egg, 3/4 c. sugar, 1/2 c. milk, 1 3/4 t baking powder, 1/2 t. salt, 1/2 c. oil, 1 c. unpeeled, chopped apples, 3/4 c. chopped pecans
Topping-1/2 c. sugar, 1 T. cinnamon, 1/2 c. melted butter
Instructions:
1. Mix all the muffin ingredients. It will be pretty chunky. Fill lined, muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

2. Let cool some, and then dip each muffin in melted butter, then cinnamon/sugar mix.


Makes 12 full muffins....assuming you don't rob the bowl before baking.

4 comments

Samina said...

Looks yummy!

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Those look really really good :D

KimMalk said...

I adore muffins, this recipe looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Just tried this recipe and loved it! I put walnuts instead of pecans cause that was all I had in the house, and added a bit of spice to the mixture, cinnamon and nutmeg. I turned out great. Love your site!