Malted Milk Ball Cookies

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I saw this recipe in Gourmet Magazine about two months ago. I should first say: I have no idea why I'm getting Gourmet Magazine...I didn't order it.....and I certainly only use the word Gourmet in conjunction with myself when asked for antonyms that describe my...well...my everything. I should say as a second point-I really tried to resist this idea...in fact....I threw the recipe and the magazine into recycling....and then this little market down the street had some really beautiful malted milk balls on sale....and being the frugal person I am...I bought a bag. I'm always trying to watch my weight, so I decided to resist eating the whole bag....so I added butter, sugar, and 4,567 more calories to my malted milk balls to prevent me from just aimlessly eating chocolate goodness. It made total sense in my head. It was worth every calorie, these are yummy, and impressive...should they ever make it out of your house into someone's hands to impress....I can not confirm if that happened in this case.
This isn't from Gourmet magazine, b/c I threw that recipe away so I wouldn't be tempted....this is from the internet, that makes it OK. Everythings safe on the internet, right?
Malted Milk Ball Cookies

Ingredients:
1 c. butter-softened, /4 c. brown sugar, 1/3 c. sugar, 1 egg, 2 t. vanilla, 1/2 t. salt, 2 1/4 c. flour, 2 T malted drink powder, 1 t. baking soda, 2 c. malted milk balls-chopped
Instructions:
1. Cream butter, sugars, egg, vanilla.
2. Combine dry ingredients with cream mix.
3. Stir in milk balls.


4. Form 1 1/2 inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. These spread out really far....so unless you want connected cookies, give them their space. ...you know what happens with cookies connect right? You have to eat them both.....it's rough, don't let it happen to you.
5. Cook at 375 for 8-10 minutes....the get crispy quickly, but they are kinda fabulous a little underdone...and a little crispy...in a box....with a fox..on the stairs with a bear.....they are good.
This recipe makes about 20 cookies.
Linking To:
Crafty Soiree
Prairie Story
Paisley Passions
Fun to Craft
Simply Sweet Home
The Speckled Dog
12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies
Sassy Sites

22 comments

Anji* said...

Ooh they sound and look good..
I would eat them here or there, I would eat them anywhere!

Erin said...

You are so funny. But these look amazing and I love malt balls! Who doesn't??? (That's so funny. I get 4 Wheel Off Road and Men's Muscle and Fitness for some strange reason. never ordered them. Don't read them. But they keep coming. I'd rather get Gourmet magazine. At least I could look at the pictures and drool. Well... I kind of do that to the Muscle and Fitness magazine but don't tell.)

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

Life in Rehab said...

OMG, these are positively lethal! I'm vibrating just a little from the thought. I have to, have to, have to make these!

Anonymous said...

Kinda fabulous a little underdone...I so get this!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I want to know how you're getting Gourmet because they stopped publishing last Fall! (I was a subscriber)

ashleigh said...

I am new to your blog and just needed to let you know that I will be making EVERYTHING you have posted!! Im so excited to have found you!!! :)

Christy said...

Miss M, I dunno? Maybe they are old issues? If I get another one, I'll look and let you know. I get magazines about once a month, and like I said, I have no idea how I get them. I don't look at them past one initial glance b/c I'm always trying to keep clutter out of my life. I'm very unsuccessful, but I TRY! :O)

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

Oh my, these sound so delicious!! I'm definitely going to have to give them a try!

Miz Helen said...

Just stopping by from Prairie Story. Yum, these cookies look wonderful, I will sure try them. Thank You...

Donene said...

Wow, these look delicious!
I need your help, recently I had a post on some weight that I lost and I am in a contest and I need your vote! Please go to the link below or visit my blog(http://easypeasygrandma.blogspot.com/2010/09/little-shrug-and-great-contest.html) for more details. I am very close to winning and I would love your support. If you already voted my deepest thanks! http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lehi-UT/Kristi-Approved/391083710513?ref=ts

Prairie Story said...

You are too funny!! And the cookies look great! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Ha ha, your post really made me chuckle. These look and sound awesome and my husband LOVES malted milk balls. I'll definitely have to make these. Inviting you to come link these up at Foodie Friday.

~ The Speckled Dog
http://thespeckleddog.blogspot.com/2010/09/foodie-friday-no4.html

Katie said...

My parents were over during the week, eating up all our caramel apple dip and I showed my mom the cupcakes I had hoped to make. We decided to make them for the their next visit because we went raspberry picking and had a ton of fresh berries to eat with ice cream that day. But now that they saw your other cupcake recipe they are demanding to try those so we will be making them soon☺ Anyway, my point is, my mom was perusing your blog after I showed her the dip recipe and my brother requested these cookies. So it was fun to see them linked up☺ Pretty soon all my to make bookmarks are going to lead right here! Thanks to linking up to A Crafty Soiree, this time without me having to harrass you, LOL!

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

My word, those look good! Thanks SO much for joining in on Thrilling Thursdays @ Paisley Passions. I hope to see you again this week :)
~Lori S.
Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

malia said...

christy! did you know you were featured at the last crafty soiree party?
hope to see ya tomorrow... and hope you grab your button

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I love malted milk balls! These sound yummy! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I've decided to feature your cookies for this week's Sweet Thursday Cookie round-up!

Feel free to come by and link up some of your other cookie recipes too!

Randi M said...

These look crisp and delicious!

RJ Flamingo said...

Now, that sounds deliciously different! Yum!

Megan said...

You cant beat malted milk ball when you add 4,567 more calories to it! They sound delicious!

Unknown said...

I agree, it seems senseless to eat them plain! I love malted milk balls, so this recipe sounds awesome to me!
Thanks for linking up to the Incredible Christmas Cookie Party!
Ashley
http://cuteasafox.com

Jodi Nelson said...

Oh wow! These look great!