yesterday's recipe. Those cookies will change your life, trust me...fine, they won't, but they'll make you happy.
Ingredients: 2 teaspoons baking soda, 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, 2/3 cup packed dark-brown sugar, 1 cup molassesm, 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 20 muffin tins with paper baking cups, and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. In a bowl, combine boiling water and baking soda; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift together flour, ground spices, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
4. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter until light. Beat in the brown sugar until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the molasses, baking-soda mixture, and flour mixture. Beat in the eggs.
5. Fill the cupcake papers three-quarters full, making sure that the batter is divided evenly. Bake about 30 minutes.
Icing: 8 oz cream cheese, 1 stick, unsalted, room temperature butter, 1/8 t. salt, 3 3/4 c. powdered sugar, sifted, 1/2 t. vanilla. Cream together.
Free Pretty Things For You
I Heart Naptime
Scent-sational Valentine’s Day Teacher Gift
2 weeks ago