decorate each cookie to look like the members of my family. These were my 'place settings' for Christmas dinner. A bucket of sprinkles, a couple of tubes of piping gel, and we had a lot of laughs. This year, I made a little batch (to go with tomorrow's post). I kept it simple and just gave them some little chocolate sprinkle buttons.
Here is the recipe for My Favorite Gingerbread Cookie
Ingredients: 2/3 c. shortening, 1 1/4 c. sugar, 2 T. molasses, 2 eggs, *2 T sour milk, 1 t. soda, 3 c. flour, 1 t. salt, 1 t. baking powder, 1 t. cinnamon, 1/2 t. ginger, 1/2 t. nutmeg
*To make sour milk, add 1 T. of vinegar to 1 c. of mik. (Make sure you only had 2 T. of this to the batter, the first time I made this, I added the whole cup...oops)
1. Cream shortening and sugar
2. Add eggs and molasses
3. Add sour milk in which soda has been dissolved
4. Add flour that has been sifted with salt, baking powder, and spices
5. Roll, cut, and place on greased baking sheet.
6. Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes.
Makes about 16 4 inch gingerbread men.
12 Crafts Until Christmas
It's a Blog Party
4 days ago