Homemade Gifts: Rudolf Hand Print Tea Towel

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Blythe wanted to diversify her gifts for this next Christmas, and so we decided on a tea towel. I wanted to make a brown reindeer, and I thought about having her press down her foot, but decided her hand would be just as cute. As you can see by tea towel two, we had some artistic differences b/c once Lydia and I got her struggling hand pressed down, she grabbed the cloth, which just makes it that much more special b/c 'she did it.' Let me explain the green ribbon around the edges. I actually used some scrap, white fabric to have her press her hands down. We tried four times, and got two we thought were pretty good. I then sewed these down onto the tea towel, and covered my stitches with the green ribbon....it's a learning process. I also decided instead of painting on a message to try a little stitching. I printed off a little saying from Rudolf's song, and put it underneath the towel, penciled in the words, and then sewed over the pencil marks. I made up the stitches, so....real sewers, please don't zoom in to this photo. :O) I finished off the bottom with some of the same ribbon I used on the Christmas Tree Towels from last year. I'm happy with them, they are homemade, and from our hearts. I think Blythe's Grand-families will appreciate them.
Linking To:  Trendy Treehouse Free Pretty Things For You House of Hepworths Somewhat Simple Crafty Soiree Be Different Act Normal

3 comments

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea. We used to do these types of gifts when I was a girl. It is nice to see updated and new ideas. Thank you for sharing.

Christine said...

This is so cute!!! I am starting my gift a day until Christmas on my blog starting tomorrow. tomorrow...this would have been a fun one to add to it..maybe next year!! Love it!

Holly said...

Love this idea!