Cooking (Healthy) (Easy) For One-Chicken and Rice

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The thing about cooking for a party of one are the left overs. I often cut a recipe in half...or fourths...when possible, but a lot of times when it comes to cans and containers, you still have to buy the 'whole thing' and then figure out what to do with the rest of it....There is also the 'healthy eating' element I occasionally try to bring into my life, and when I saw this recipe in a magazine....I knew it was right up my alley, and it was even better...and easier than I had imagined it would be.
I bought these single servings of brown rice. They have all sorts of suppliers out there, I have no personal reason for recommending this one, but I like it fine...

Here's the easy, one serving, steps to making this dish:
Cranberry and Nut Chicken and Rice
Ingredients:
1 chicken breast
1 microwaveable ready to serve brown rice container
Small handful of dried cranberries
6-10 pecan halves, chopped
1 T of Light Italian Dressing
Instructions:
I seasoned my chicken with a rosemary seasoning I like, and threw it on the George Foreman. When it was finished cooking, I cubed it up.
I cooked the rice for a minute in the microwave as instructed.
I mixed the chicken, rice, dressing, cranberries, and pecans.
I ate, and was completely filled when the meal was complete.

2 comments

Anonymous said...

Now that looks delicious and I love the cranberries in it!! This would be perfect for me to make for my workday lunch!! I love your recipes!!! They all look and sound so good. I'll definitely be giving this one a try...Thanks!!!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

You had me at cranberries and pecans. Sounds yummy!