Happy Everything

Friday, February 25, 2011
And now...for a little bit of personal dust.  I have another 'week of' starting Sunday, but I have to get this out of my system first. 
This past week my cousin's family came into town...maybe I mentioned it a time or 16?  They live in Pasadena, CA, and I miss them.  They have the most precious little girl, and not only is it hard to be away from her, it's harder to see her grow so fast, so far away.  On the other hand, what a great world we live in with skype, and facebook, and emails, and cell phones.  I know her so much better than I know I would have once upon a before the internet. 
They came in Saturday night, and we met up quickly for dinner.  Blythe is a little hesitant around strangers, and feels most comfortable in her skin when her Mom and Dad are present. 
I discovered she loves stickers.  I made her a travel kit for her last birthday that included a package of stickers, and it looks like Grover caught a case of stickers on the plane ride here. 
Blythe loves Sesame Street almost as much as she loves grapes, Mommy, and Daddy...
fish,
and slides. 
Not necessarily in that order.  She love dogs, and dancing, and singing.  The cutest video ever is linked here. 
 
I can't even imagine how much fun she brings to the lives of those around her on a daily basis because she kept us laughing in the mere week we got to be with her, and I only had a small slice of that week.  After a trip to the zoo, my family came over Sunday night for dinner.  I served a bunch of random dishes from every holiday I could think of, a sort of  'Happy Everything' because we've missed a year of holidays together, and it looks like we may miss a few more before I see them again. 
My Mom kept her on Wednesday while my cousin-in-law and cousin, Holly, and I went out to our annual nails and gals (we don't really call it that, but we should b/c it's what we do...except we aren't really the type of gals that name their nights). 
The only reason I got to take this pizza face picture is b/c my Mom is holding Peanut.  Dogs are the bait we had to use, and it worked nicely.  Blythe is independent, but she's interested in dogs.  Peanut, however, is not such a fan of having an almost two year old try to squish that pointy nose back into his face.  On the other hand, he appreciated the half a slice of pizza she decided she could only feed him, not the other two horses that I call dogs that live in this house. 
And last....there was one last family meal together on Friday, and one more slide....
...one more goodnight kiss. 
One more family game night (which was interrupted while we watched some Elmo videos....after Blythe was asleep (Elmo's biggest fans) just because they are funny at every age). 
One more goodbye hug.
...and then it's take off, and touch down in a land far away.  Too far.  Woe...is...me. 


3 comments

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful visit, and I bet you DO miss them and that little cutie!! Great photos!! I feel your pain,my great nephew and niece live in Ga. and if it wasn't for facebook, I'd miss them more than I do!!! Hugs!!

Semalee said...

I know what you mean! I have completely missed my brother's kids growing up. This past summer we spent a week in Colorado and got to spend the week with my dad and brother and my brother's kids. I miss them terribly :(

Semalee @ Nailing Jello to a Tree

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful visit, Christy. You must miss her so much. I don't think you could have crammed one more ounce of fun into your week with her.