Valentine's Day: Heart Wax Paper....and a Bread Recipe I Feel in Love With

Thursday, February 03, 2011
I saw this in a Valentine's slide show on Martha.  There is so much potential with this idea, and it's so easy!  I filled it with a bread recipe that was so divine....I can't even speak of it....OK...maybe one time just to share the recipe, and then I have to forget it or I'll have to quit my job and open a bread factory, minus customers, because I'm not giving away my bread....no way.  I believe in a monogamous relationship. 
Customized Heart Wax Paper
Take two pieces of wax paper, and tissue paper.  Cut out heart shapes (this would be sooo cute with clovers and soda bread too for St. Pat's Day!).
Lay flowers across one sheet of wax paper. 
Lay the second piece of wax paper over the top, and iron the two sheets together. 
Next up....make cookies or bread, scratch that...make this Velvet French Bread from a cookbook called Light and Luscious
Ingredients:
2 3/4 c. bread flour (divided), 1 T. sugar, 1 t. salt, 1 pkg active dry yeast, 1 c. water, 2 T butter, 2 T. bread flour (divided), 3 T. butter (melted and divided). 
Instructions:
1.  Stir together 1 1/2 c. flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. 
2.  Combine water and melted butter.  Cool to 120 degrees and gradually add to the flour mix.  Beat at a low speed with an electric mixer (I used a spoon).  Stir in enough of the remaining 1 1/3 c flour to make a soft dough. 
3.  Sprinkle 1 T of flour on work surface, and knead dough on surface until smooth and elastic (8-10 minutes).  Place in well greased bowl, turn one time, and set in warm place without drafts for 1 hour (until doubled in size). 
4.  Punch.  Knead 4-5 times.  Divide into two pans.  Brush with 1 T. melted butter.   Let rise 30 more minutes (until doubled). 
5.  Make slits in the top of bread.  Brush with 1 T. butter. 
6.  Place a shallow pan of 1 inch deep water on bottom rack of oven.  Place bread on top rack and bake 400 degrees for 25 minutes.  Bake until loaves are golden.  Brush with remaining butter. 
Linking To:  HOH Gluesticks Tea Rose House It's a Keeper Remodelaholic CRAFT Pretty Packages Tattered Tag

8 comments

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I love bread. Favorite food in the whole world.

Love the wax paper idea! And you're right... so many possibilities.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome and easy too!!! Wow, I love this!! and I love bread...especially homemade. My recipe file is going to be full and I'm going to be big as a house!! LOL Love recipe swapping!! Thanks girlie!! :)

Erin said...

So cute! Love the waxed paper idea and your bread looks to die for. I made bread last weekend and they were bricks! Seriously. Not good. I think I might try with your recipe.

Brandy said...

That looks so good! The bread, and the wrapping! Great job!

Brandy
Gluesticks
www.brandyscrafts.blogspot.com

annies home said...

what a lovely idea a gift from the kitchen shows love to those who recieve

Katie said...

Love it, I posted a link on my FB fan page:)

Unknown said...

The wax paper makes the yummy bread look that much cuter! I am such a bread junky. :) Thanks so much for linking to my blog bash K.I.S.S., your inspiring idea is appreciated!

http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

Jami said...

Thanks so much for linking up to the Pretty Packages Party. I've so wanted to try this, too! The paper turned out so pretty! I'm adding it to my Tuesday To-Do post so I don't forget to try it!
smiles!
Jami