I saw this recipe in a magazine one reads when one is a 'Watcher' of one's 'Weight'....I made a few adaptations b/c I'm either A) Lazy or B) A really super, gourmet chef who knows how to improve a recipe....bwaa ha ha ha.
OK...this is one of those recipes where you have a few things going at once, but it's not NOT doable, and it's much easier than the 'real' Paella dish (not that I've made real Paella, but just reading the instructions makes me tired), AND it's a lightER version, which is cool b/c I love Paella.
2 chicken breast (1/4 lb), 1 small onion-chop (I chopped it into pretty large slices), 1 large garlic clove-minced, 3/4 t. paprika, 1/4 t. salt, 3/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth, 1/4 lb fresh green beans-trimmed, 1/3 c. roasted red bell peppers-cut in strips, 1 1/3 c. shelf stable brown rice (about 8 oz)
...the pre-cooked, brown rice looks like this:
1. Pre-Heat Oven 425 degrees. I put my slice bell peppers in the oven to 'roast' on a sheet for about 10 minutes while I started preparing the chicken on the stove.
2. Heat an oven proof skillet, and spray with nonstick spray (Pam). Cut chicken into large cutes (I seasoned the chicken with a little pepper), and place in skilet with onions. Cook/turning in skillet until chicken is cooked through (about 6 minutes).
3. Add garlic, paprika, salt, and broth. Bring to a boil, and then simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
4. Add green beans, and simmer covered for an additional 7 minutes.
5. Add red bell peppers, and rice. Stir. Place the skillet into the oven (uncovered) and cook for 7 minutes.
A Few Facts: 2 Servings, each serving has about 400 calories...and I couldn't finish my serving b/c it was really filling.
Thin Mint Truffles #FillTheCookieJar
3 weeks ago