Happy 4th of July

Monday, July 04, 2011
I took this photo last week while I was away crusing through Alaska's inner passage.  I also learned a lot about the Bald Eagle, for instance, they eat a lot of garbage, including chihuahuas when salmons aren't around.  Not that chihuahuas are garbage, but it does put a dent in my plan to move to Alaska with Peanut in tow.  I also learned that they mate for life, which I love, and there is this whole elaborate mating dance they participate in that involves clutching talons and freefalling.  They have to hang on until they are just feet from the ground in an act of trust.  If one lets go too early, the other bird may not choose it for it's mate.  I find this interesting.  Maybe this is what I've been doing wrong.  Maybe not.  
I'm back home now, I'm crafting up a storm, and I've set four days of post over the next few days to wrap up my trip for my future reference because I'll be visiting Alaska again.  I.  Loved.  It.  After vacation post...oh the places I'm going in the crafting world.  While I was away I missed my dogs, my friends, and my sewing machine.  Not necessarily in that order.  I've been reunited with all three, and sleep is a word I'm tossing out of my vocabulary to enjoy this next month of summer before I add a mission trip to Amazon to the bookend that is summer 2011. 

2 comments

Deb said...

what a fun trip....can't wait to hear all about it...

tt.scraps said...

Beautiful picture! I am gonna try to catch up and read about your cruise tonight. Yea, I realize it's Saturday... That's how cool I am. :)
Guess I won't be takin Tink to Alaska either.