Cupcakes: 1/2 Dozen Onsie Cupcakes

Friday, September 23, 2011
 Awhile ago I went to a craft store and saw baby towels rolled and placed in a coffee filter.  I recently attended a Sip and See, and I decided to bring onsies, and apply this same concept.  I brought a blanket that looked like a big lollipop a few months ago (here), and it was a big hit, so I figured food shaped gifts would go over well.  They did.    I bought 4 onsies, and two pairs of pants. 
 The pants were a little thick, but they turned out cute.  I folded each into narrow strips. 
 I rolled them up tightly, and then added a rubber band to hold them in this shape.  I placed each in cupcake liners to cover the bands. 
 I had this little cupcake taker my friend Heather brought me knowing I'd 'need' it for a craft in the future considering my love of all things cupcake.  She was right....
 Six cupcakes later, I had a little gift to tie up and bring to the party. 

Linking To:  The Idea Room Tatortots and Jello Funky Junk LollyJane Be Different...Act Normal Shindig Saturday Under the Table and Dreaming Nifty Thrifty Sundae Scoop Tip Junkie

6 comments

Heather said...

Very cute idea! I need to keep my eyes open for one of those cupcake-taker-thingies so I can try this someday. :)

sabri said...

omg!!! to cute...i just threw a baby shower for my brother a couple of weeks ago...to bad i didn't see this sooner..I LOVE IT !!! i know i can use it as a hospital gift...girl...i found you just browsing around ...and i am glad i did..you are so full of great ideas....thanks for sharing..~sabrina~

paige said...

Great idea - I love the packaging! I would love for you to link up to my new linky party -

Creative Genius @ http://www.thecreativepaige.com

Heather said...

So cute! I would love get a gift wrapped so sweetly. Great idea! I am stopping by from show and tell Saturday.

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

So cute! This would be such a fun gift to give in the hospital :)

Rachel R. said...

Thanks for this idea! My niece was just born and I plan to make these using your tutorial. I don't have a cupcake container, so I guess I'll have to buy some cupcakes at the grocery store (sacrifices!) :)