Mini State Fair Corn Dog Bites

Thursday, September 15, 2011
The only thing better than a corn dog...is a mini corn dog, it perfects the batter to dog ration. 
In honor of the State Fair of Texas, and the famous Fletcher's Corn Dog...aka, my first stop at the fair, I decided to whip together a little version of these dogs.
Corn Dog Batter:  
Mix 1 c. flour, 1 T. sugar, 1/2 t. baking powder, 1 t. salt, 1/8 t. garlic salt, black pepper, 2/3 c. cornmeal, 2 T. oil, 1/4 t. tabasco sauce, 2/3 c. milk, 1 egg.
Dip wieners in mix (instead of hot dogs, I used small appetizer weiners).  
Fry.
Enjoy.
 

2 comments

The Daily Smash said...

oh man my boys would love these and you can make a whole pan for 5 bucks not just get one dog like at the fair lol.. Thanks so much

www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

Jules said...

omg a corndog batter recipe!! halleluah! Me and my bff (blondeundercoverblonde.com) always loved going to the fair each year JUST to get those delicious corndogs.