Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Book Gift Set

Friday, September 16, 2011
 This is book gift set number 2 for Christmas.  I made Blythe a Fancy Nancy gift set.  This go 'round I made a book set for my buddy Donovan using a fun alphabet book, Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom.  First up, it needed a home.  I used some scrap fabric and sewed it together to form a square. 
 I cut out the book title on freezer paper (ironed down the shiney side to hold it in place). 
 Dabbed over the openings with brown paint. 
 When it dried, I pulled off the freezer paper to reveal the words.  I sewed this over one of those teacher bags you get at the 1 millionth staff development I attended some random summer afternoon. 
 I sewed it onto the bag and then filled the bag with the book, and other alphabet fun.  Magnetic letters, alphabet picture flashcards, and alphabet crayons. 
 Here is the tutorial for the alphabet crayon
 I filled up my bag to house all the manipulatives, and it'll be shipped out with the rest of the goodies I'm working on for the family December 1st. 

3 comments

Deb said...

that is so cool...my daughter loved that book...gonna have to find it for little britches...I do read your posts every day...just don't always have time to comment...your blog ROCKS....

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

What a conderfully creative and so thoughtful DIY present!

Meagan said...

This is my son's favorite book right now.....so making this for him. And this will be a great birthday gift for all teh 2 year old birthday parties we need to go to! YAY!