Winnie the Pooh: Honey Bar Bee Pretzel Treats

Saturday, September 17, 2011
I found these honey themed favor boxes here.  I was originally thinking about sending the invitations for my friend's Winnie the Pooh shower (in less than a month) inside these, but it was way too little. I went with a bear honey jar instead.  I then thought these would be a place to house the favors....but I went with these little bags of honey scent bath products instead.  So...I didn't want these to be a total waste, it was one of the first things I feel in love with.  I'm serving lunch (lots...and lots of details to come) in really cute little boxes, but-for dessert I'm having a honey bar with all sorts of crackers, cheese, flavored honey, and sweets.  I decided to fill these little guys with pretzels that look like bees for the bar.  I used the same basic concept I used for these lady bug pretzels

 After dipped pretzels in dark chocolate....I realized you can also buy pretzels that are dipped in chocolate, and this just saved me a lot of time....
 I melted up some yellow chocolate in a ziplock bag (30 seconds, it took about 1 minute-I squished the bag around between heating).  I snipped off one corner. 
 Stripes, place in fridge for a few minutes to harden, and then fill up these jars to go on the sweets table in just a few short weeks! 

5 comments

tt.scraps said...

Wowza!!! So, so cute!!!!!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

How cute is this?!? Love it!

urlilchicohkkkay said...

what size jars did you get?

urlilchicohkkkay said...

what size jars did you get?

Christy said...

For the honey jars, I got 12 oz jars. For the jars with pretzels....I don't remember the size, but they were little, only three little pretzels fit inside, maybe 3 inches?