Cinnamon Sugar Almonds

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

I saw this recipe for cinnamon sugar almonds here, and I knew I had to try it out.  Oh my!  Try this!  Try this.  Yum, yum, yum!
Toasting almonds is one of my favorite smells on planet earth, and I really thought you had to buy one of those special machine 'thingies' to get the smell.  I thought this because I seriously considering whether it was realistic to purchase one.  Seriously.  Guess what, you can get 'that smell' with a pan, and a few ingredients.  I can't believe how easy these are to make.  I can't believe how tasty these are!  I also find it impossible to buy for my friend's husbands, and I'm definitely going to be putting some of these in festive jars for Christmas.  .
Cinnamon Sugar Almond Recipe
Ingredients:
 1/3 c. + 2 T. water, 2 c. almonds (or your favorite nuts), 1 t. vanilla, 1 t. cinnamon. 
Instructions: 
1.  Add water, 1 c. sugar, and 1 t. cinnamon to a sauce pan.  Stir constantly and bring to a boil. 
2.  Add nuts and stir until water has dissolved and nuts are glossy.  Lower heat to medium. 
3.  Add the rest of the sugar and vanilla.  Stir until nuts are coated, and small sugary clumps have formed. 
4.  Cool completely before serving.

2 comments

Joanna B said...

How much cinnamon did you use? These look so yummy and I would love to try them!

Christy said...

1 t. so sorry about that!!!