My Grandmother's Cornbread Dressing

Tuesday, November 22, 2011
The one dish I could not do without for Thanksgiving is my Grandmother's cornbread dressing.  When I've had guest over for holidays, I try to ask what  dish represents that holiday meal for them, and provide the dish.  I know how I'd feel  going without dressing for Thanksgiving.  I know there are a million ways to make dressing, but this is it for me.  What I love about traditional holiday meals is that I know this is exactly what my family ate before I was a part of the family, and it just makes me feel a little closer to those I miss on holidays, and every day in between. 
Cornbread Dressing Recipe
Ingredients: 
4 packages of cornbread (cooked and then crumbled), 1 chopped onion, on whole sock of celery (chopped).  Turkey water, 2 raw eggs, salt and pepper. 
Instructions:  Cook cornbread (you can use water instead of milk, or half and half).  Add eggs, onion, and celery, and turkey juice until moist. 
Cook at 350 for 1 hour (or until not longer wet looking, and golden brown on top. 

2 comments

Deb said...

sounds like our dressing except we put sage in it...have to have the sage...

Deb said...

sounds like our dressing except we put sage in it...have to have the sage...