Saint Patrick's Day: Hash Brown Casserole

Wednesday, February 22, 2012
I love Cracker Barrell's Hashbrown Casserole, and this is as close as I've made it.  It's pretty tasty, and it passed the picky testers in my world, otherwise known as my extended family.  ...and what says St. Patrick's Day more clearly than potatoes?  Oh...leprecauns, and rainbows?...whatever, I'll take the potatoes. 
Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
Ingredients:  2 lbs frozen has browns, 16 oz sour cream, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 stick of butter, 1/2 c. onion (chopped), 2 c. cheddar (grated). 
Instructions:  Grease a 9x13 pan and place frozen hashbrowns down.  Season with salt and pepper. 
In a separate bowl melt butter and add all of the remaining ingredients except for the cheese. 
Pour over the top of the potatoes, and top with cheese. 
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, or until warm and cheese is melted. 

1 comment

Veronica and Daniel said...

This recipe reminds me so much of my childhood! My mom would always make this dish with ham. yum!