Saint Patrick's Day: Thin Mint Cupcakes

Tuesday, February 21, 2012
This cupcakes are super easy to put together, and really tasty if you like mints.  I don't know why mints are St. Patrick-ish, but they are...you are just going to have to trust me on this because I'm the expert on all things...ummm....on all things.  Period. 
I baked up some chocolate cupcakes.  I let Betty C use my favorite homemade recipe, and in exchange, she boxes up my mix, and so it's really simple to pop them out, stir 'em around and bake them up. 
I whipped up some mint icing-1/2 cup butter, softened, 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar, 1/3 cup milk, 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil is a recipe (from Southern Living).  I ended up adding another 1/4 t. of peppermint extract, and more powdered sugar until my icing was firm enough to hold up for it's hot chocolate bath. 
I decided to plop it on the cupcake becasue I believe in being lazy the natural look. 
I put the cupcakes in the fridget for an hour to get the icing harder enough to withstand a little heat.  Last, I melted some semi sweet chocolate, dipped.  Cooled. 
 Sampled. 

...and tried to buy the approval of friends at work that were forced invited to attend a meeting. 

3 comments

Jules said...

mmm I love all things mint, and chocolate.

Ebony S said...

Looks delish! Will be linking to your your fabulous post this Saturday on Sonnetbird.com :)

Terri said...

Yum