Tea Party: Teddy Bears and Tea Party Baby Shower

Saturday, March 17, 2012
 My friend Stephanie is expecting her first little one, a girl, Kinley, in early May.  Her room colors are pink and brown, AND Stephanie also happens to be an alumni of Baylor (Sic' Em), so with the colors, the gender, and the affiliation....we went with the theme Tea Parties and Teddy Bears and aimed for girly, girly, girly.  I blogged about the invitations a month or so ago. 
 I made a little banner with Kinley's name for the guest sign in table. 
 Instead of a book, I bought a copy of the Three Bears, and had all the guest write messages to Kinley. 
I also made some flower arrangements to place around the room using tea pots and tea cups. 
 The hostesses brought a collection of tea dishes, bears, and table clothes, and these were scattered throughout making it pink and brown, and vintage.  Every also brought a tea collection so we had a big variety. 
 We provided all the fixings for tea. 

 We set up tables with tiered platters.  One of these was a DIY using dishes I bought at the thrift store.  I blogged about that here
 Each plate had a collection of sandwiches, cupcake liners hold fruit, and petit fours.  I blogged several recipes through the week. 
 I made little picks for the fruit using a circle bunch, and a teddy bear die cut. 
Each table had a different bear/table cloth, tea cup filled flower arrangements, and food. 
Lori, Melissa's Mom, who writes My Heart With Pleasures let us use her great collection of tea cups. 
 We ended the day (or was it began?) with a Teddy Bear Trail Mix Bar.  I blogged about this in detail, but the basic idea is that each mix represented a part of a teddy bear. 
Stephanie got a lot of great stuff, and I am looking forward to meeting Kinley in 3-D.  This was the first of quite a few celebrations I get to be a part of this spring....lots more party blogs to come! 
Here are a lot more photos from the event. 

Linking To:  Tatortots and Jello Be Different Act Normal Funky Junk

1 comment

Faith said...

What an adorable shower! I LOVE the guest book idea. What a unique and special day.