Earth Day: Egg Carton Muffins

Wednesday, April 11, 2012
 Last year I saw the idea for making cupcakes and placing them in egg cartons for Easter.  This year I saw this floating around Fiskers.  I don't know why I didn't think about these being a great way to deliver mini muffins.  I recently made these to welcome some folks home that had been out of town for awhile.  It was just a fun way to deliver the goodies. 
I found a chocolate chip recipe online with good reviews.  It was easy to make, and tasty.  I made large muffins for myself, and mini muffins for the friends.  There is something a little selfish about that statement, but uhhh....I was trying to limit the number of cupcake liners I use because I'm, like, earth friendly and stuff. 
Here's the muffin recipe I found at Frieda. 
Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Ingredients:  2 eggs, 1/2 c. vegetable oil, 1 c. milk, 1 t. vanilla extract, 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour, 1/2 c. sugar, 1/4 c. cocoa powder, 1 T. Baking Powder, 1 t. Salt, /2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips. 
Instructions:  Combine eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla.  Mix Well.  In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips.  Make a well in the center and pour in the wet ingredients.  Fold mix gently until all ingredients are mixed.  Small lumps are fine.  Distribute evenly into 12 regular cupcake liners (or a greased tin), or 24 small muffin cups.  Sprinkle a couple of chocolate chips on top of each muffin.  Bake at 400 for about 18 minutes. 

1 comment

Jessica said...

Love the idea! Your not selfish, I would have done the same!