Lemon Bundt Cake....Otherwise Known as the End of Any Dieting Attempts in My Life

Tuesday, May 01, 2012
I'll be posting a larger post that these little baby bundts were a part of, but these are so tasty, it needs it's very own post.  I made a lemon themed series of gifts recently, and I decided to make a dessert to add to the delivery.  I really thought I'd be safe making lemon flavored cake. I rarely eat lemon flavored snacks because I'm just not a fan.  Or should I say, I WASN'T a fan, until I tried this cake.  And then I tried some more.  And then I tried some more.  And then I decided not to try on any of my clothes, and to resort to spandex for the next 6-8 months.  It's just that good. 
Uhh, and good news, it's made from a box cake!  I found the recipe via a google search on all recipes, but here it is.....
Lemon Bundt Cake
Cake Ingredients:  1 (18.25 oz) package lemon cake mix (try to get the kind without the pudding mix b/c you are going to add pudding and this would make it really moist/need additional cooking time), 1 small package of INSTANT lemon pudding, 3/4 c. vegetable oil, 4 eggs, 1 cup lemon-flavored soda (I used sprite). 
Glaze Ingredients:  1/4 c. softened butter, 1/4 c. lemon juice, 2 c. powdered sugar
Instructions:  Heat oven to 325.  Grease and flour 10 inch bundt pan (I used a 6 piece mini bundt pan, and this made 12 little cakes.  Mix cake and pudding.  Stir in oil.  Beat in eggs one at a time.  Stir in soda.  Pour into pan and bake for 35 minutes (the mini cakes only took about 20 minutes).  Let the cakes cool.  Mix the three ingredients for the icing.  It was pretty thick, so I decided to put it in a ziplock, snip the edge and drizzle back and forth.  You could add more juice or water if you want it to be a glaze, but I liked this look.  It hardened. 
If you'd like a reason to ruin a diet, I highly suggest you try this cake out.  My mouth is, literally, watering at the moment just reliving this recipe. 

2 comments

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who loves lemon anything. Her birthday is coming up later this month. I will be making this and using your lemon bag idea. Thank you for the great ideas.

janeeydavis said...

Wow yummy Lemon Bundt Cake. I love this recipe. Thanks for sharing this Lemon Bundt Cake recipe.
photoshop courses