May Wreath

Monday, May 07, 2012
 Recently my pal Kelly came over, took one look around my living room.....and declared I had an addiction to wreaths.  I believe she was being judgemental at the time, and not merely informative.  To this I say.....hey, wait.....I think I'll make 4 more.  In fact, I've decided I want one in every room (three in my living room), one or four at work, and one per month on my door.  Meet May's wreath.  Doesn't it look Mom-ish?  And weddingish?  Or something?  I saw this idea at simplychictreasures for a Muslin wrag wreath and I sort of died a little, then pulled out this wreath frame I bought recently at the dollar store, and some muslin (It took me a good 2 1/2 yards, but I may have been a little overzealous). 
But...basically, I snipped a little piece at one side, and then just ripped down the fabric so it was frayed on the edges.  I then cut them to be very non-exact pieces (about 8 inches+, the longer the piece, the fluffier the wreath). 
 I then sat through a ot of reality tv (I blame this wreath for my new (fine, it's old) addiction to shows like River Monsters).....and I tied. 
 ...until I had this. 
 I then purchased a few flowers, and I made some flowers out of burlap and hot glued some pearls in the middle.  If you've never made these flowers, you take a piece of fabric about an inch wide, and about 14 inches long (the longer the fabric, the bigger the flower).  You tie one end in a knot, twist the fabric tight until it starts to curl, go with it, and let it curl into the below flower shapes, and then I just hot glue the back. 
 ....and then I hot glued some more and added these all to one side of the fluff.
 Next up.....June's wreath....

Linking To:  Funky Junk

3 comments

Anji* said...

This is a particularly pretty wreath Christy, and definitely wedding-ish. Love your burlap and pearl flowers you made :)

Kelly said...

The first step is admitting you have a problem....though I will say, with such pretty wreaths, is it really a problem?

Heart Vintage Design said...

Hello from another wreath lover! Your project looks like fun. I did a similar one with white plastic garbage bags cut into strips with peppermints tied on as embellishments for Christmas many years ago : )