Crockpot BBQ Chicken

Tuesday, July 24, 2012
 Oh my.....this was de-li-cious.  I love the crockpot in the summer when I'll do anything and everything to prevent having to turn on the oven, and ultimately heat up the house.  It gets so hot that cooking on the side walk becomes a very real possibility....so any crockpot recipe is a friend of mine.  I googled this guy and found it via Fork In It, and I'm keeping it....and using it again....maybe tomorrow. 
Crockpot BBQ Chicken
Ingredients:
4-6 pieces boneless chicken (you can throw it in frozen), 1 bottle of BBQ sauce, 1/4 c. vinegar, 1 t. red pepper flakes, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1 t. garlic powder. 
Instructions:  Pour over the chicken and cook on low for 4-6 hours. 
*I put this together the night before and put the bowl in the fridge overnight.  I do this a lot, and then toss it on to start heating when I leave for whatever I'm doing that day. 

2 comments

Junky Jen said...

Sounds good!! I wonder if it would taste okay if I left out the red pepper flakes? (I love them but the husband doesn't really like spicy!!)

Christy said...

I'm pretty confident it would still taste good without the red pepper. I didn't even taste them, and with everything else, you have enough seasoning if it's not a hit with the family. :O)