Recycled Record Book Ends

Saturday, July 28, 2012
 This is one of those projects that has literally been sitting around for six months, which is ridiculous because I spent more time moving the pieces around than it took to do the entire 'project.'   It's not even much of a 'project.'  I just spent so long not doing it, when I finally did it...I needed to blog about it!   I'm slowly redoing the decorations in my living room, trying to make it more 'me.'  I have a hodge podge of books that I've collected in my travels....sometimes I pick up coffee table books, sometimes cookbooks, always an ornament.....so I wanted to put a few of them up on the mantel in my living room, and I needed a little something to hold them in place.  A book end.  Duh.  I've been really into records for some reason and been crafting with old records I've found in antique stores.  I bought this little doozy-Olivia Newton Johns' Let's Get Physical (a work 'funny').  I used super glue to attach it to the book end. 
And now...a little bit of a conversation piece to hold those books in place.  So simple, and kind of fun.  I spent my childhood listening to my Mom's record collection in our den.....records always make me smile, might as well throw a few things worth smiling over in my living room. 

1 comment

Jennifer said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! Great conversation piece too!