6Sister's blog. Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole Recipe
Ingredients: 6 oz egg noodles, 2 t. oil, 4 cloves garlic (diced), 12 oz fresh broccoli florets (chopped), 1 T butter, 1 bunch green onions, 3 T flour, 1 3/4 c. chicken broth, 1 c. milk, 12 oz cooked/shredded chicken breast, 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese, cooking spray, 3 T shredded Parmesan cheese, 2 T Italian bread crumbs
1. Cook noodles until al dente. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a skillet and add garlic on medium heat. Cook about 1 min (until golden). Add broccoli and a little salt. Saute and cover for 3 minutes until it begins to soften. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x12 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
4. Heat butter on med heat. When melted add green onions and cook 3 minutes. Add the flour, a pinch of salt and stir. Cook 3 more minutes.
5. Slowly add chicken broth. Whisk for 30 seconds then add milk. Bring to a boil. Simmer on medium heat, stirring occasionally for 7 minutes.
6. Remove pan from heat and add cheese and T of Parmesan cheese. Add shredded chicken, noodles, and broccoli. Coat everything evenly.
7. Pour into dish and top with the rest of the Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Spray with a little cooking spray.
8. Bake 25 minutes. Place under the broiler for a few minutes until golden.
*To freeze, before you cook the dish put foil over the pan. You can put it into the fridge 24 hours before cooking, or add 25 minutes to the cooking time and move it directly from the freezer to the oven.
OOfos Sandals Review and a Giveaway
3 days ago