Day to Day Baby Memory Calendar

Friday, October 26, 2012
 I've seen versions of this calendar idea all over the net, and I have a few hundred of these berry baskets (no lie, I've blogged about this before, sent these out, built house, and solved world peace using these guys, with hundreds left to go).  One of my favorite people on planet earth is pregnant and she's a scrapbooker, and a memory keeper,and I just think she can get behind an idea like this too.  I saw another version using a bread pan, but I took 6x4 notecards and I cut down 365 of them to 3x3.  I found this stamp from the craft store.  It goes with smash books....
 I stamped each day of the year on the card, but I didn't stamp the year.  Unfortunately, the particular stamp didn't give you the option of not stamping the date, and so I went ahead and inked the second half and just put a little piece of newspaper to 'catch' the date, so only the month and day remain on the card.
 The idea is that each year you write the year  and little memories of things that happen on that day.  The next year you repeat and can reflect back on the year before etc, and document little memories for years.
 I cut down card stock to 3x3 as well to separate the months.  I used little stickers to put the date, with a few decorations, but the container is pretty full, so no doodads or buttons for this one.  I also added white garage sale tags I stamped with the month.  I stuck one on the front and back to create a hardy little divider. 
 See....
 I added a little tag and bow, everything is better with a bow.  And then it's off to be filled with memories, hopefully a few of which will include visits from Aunt Christy.

5 comments

Eileen said...

That is the most clever idea ever! I love it! I don't know anyone expecting a baby right now, so I'm thinking of ways to modify...

Jenny said...

I absolutely love this idea! I actually just pinned it :D Thank you for posting!

Craftcherry said...

I would have really loved to get that as a gift. What a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Ditto! Awesome idea, and SO cute. I love it!

Scraps and Straps said...

Love this! I am posting a link on my blog! www.scrapsandstraps.com