Brocolli and Rice Cupcakes

Friday, May 24, 2013
 There's not a lot that wouldn't win my vote if it is served in cupcake form.  But broccoli and rice?  If that isn't a beautiful marriage made in heaven, then I'm not a romantic.  Fine, I don't know romance...Anyway, I saw this recipe at daydreamkitcen and I did not pass go.  I did not collect 200.  AND if you have those people in your life that don't like their food to touch....this stays in it's nice little cuplike form on a dinner cake. 
Broccoli and Rice Cups
Ingredients:  1 c. quick-cooking rice, 1 c. chicken stock, 10 oz box of frozen chopped broccoli (thawed and drained), 3.4 c. shredded cheddar cheese (divided), 1/4 c. Ranch Dressing, 2 eggs, 1/2 t. salt, 1/2 t. pepper (to taste)
Instructions:  Make rice according to boxes instructions, BUT substitute stock for water.  Place cooked rice in a large bowl and cool.  Add the rest of the ingredients (but only use 1/2 c. cheese).  Stir and then place in 8, greased muffin cups.  Top with remaining 1/4 c. cheese.  Bake 25 minutes at 350 (tops should be browning and looking crispy). 

No comments